Images

Images
Wading the storms of Life...together in word.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Who are you REAL with?



Photo by blogger http://walkbyfaithquestionsconcerningdeath.blogspot.com/
Today I shared my feelings and thoughts with someone that I later wondered if whether it was a bad mistake.  I showed great weakness, not more than anyone else experiences but most people choose not to show it. Most people are smart not to show it.  There are only few people in our lives that we can afford to be 100% transparent with.  They are usually our closest of friends.

There are sometimes though that I feel our emotions are on surface level and the least little provoking will pull them out. 

For me, I was fortunate.  Apparently the one that I was so open with is someone that is really considered trustworthy and will not repeat it all as gossip.  That is a relief.  But one thing I noticed was when I opened up to a stranger who was curious, I didn’t get near as much relief as when I opened up to my good friend just moments later. My friend cared and her compassion was healing whereas the "stranger" was friendly, she was more curious than connected.

I needed to cry.  I needed to let my thoughts and feelings out, to fully express them.  My dear friend gave me that opportunity.  After my conversation with her, I felt a sense of relief that I needed.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Who do you open yourself up to?  Do you open up?  Or do you block yourself off saying "I'm o.k." I have it all together"?


3 comments:

  1. Most of the time I don't share. Once in awhile when I have the opportunity I share with a friend or if it's lees personal I share with my prayer group. Most of the time I write it in a prayer-journal and that can sometimes really make me feel better. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for sharing Johanna. Journals are good. I'll definitely agree with you there.

      Delete
    2. I am getting caught up reading your posts. It's been kinda hectic. Eight more days and I am retired! I'll have lots of time then.

      Delete