Images

Images
Wading the storms of Life...together in word.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stand DONE on the Finish Line


My thoughts are just a blur.  The days are going quickly.  Time is running fast and running out.  There is still so much to do.  I worked today.  Sunday is my only off day but I worked because a coworker really needed me to.  My sister’s birthday was today also.  I took a quick shower, bought her gift and then went to spend a few hours with her and the boys to celebrate the day she came into this world. I love that girl!  I wish I could have spent more with her.  The night is almost over though and there is still so much more to do. 

I think what I like most about sitting at my computer and writing is the silence and solitude in it all. For one small moment all of the world stands completely still and all the thoughts, feelings, and unsure reactions to life begin to make sense.  Even if that sense is just the knowledge that in the end none of it matters. 

I want to be still so bad.  I want to go to the park and play ball with the boys or go out one Saturday night with the girls and get dressed up.  I want a lot of things.  Most of which you have heard me state many times before.  BUT, what I want right this minute is to just be done.  That would mean I got through it all, succeeded and stand “done” on the finish line, ready to finally live.  So I take a moment, just a moment, whenever I can and remind myself that, so that I can go another day.

“Wait upon the LORD.  Be strong & take heart and wait upon the Lord.”  Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment