Images

Images
Wading the storms of Life...together in word.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Unmarried Me!



I was flipping through the bible, reading different verses when I flipped to 1 Corinthians.  Marriage has been a desire of mine since childhood, looming over me like a dark cloud that never rains.  I thought to myself, praying though, “Lord I don’t see it. I don’t know or see one single man that I can see myself with.” 

I had been thinking of the last guy I had feelings for. Those feelings were lingering though I really wanted to see them go.  As I thought this prayer and turned these pages, the words “unmarried” and “virgin” stood out to me.  I had turned to 1 Corinthians 7:34 & 35.  The verse states “an unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit.  But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world – how she can please her husband.  I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.”

Lately as I prayed, “Lord, who am I going to marry?” The answer that echoes in my heart is “Me. Mary me, Laura.” 

It is impossible to say that that is not enough.  So I sit here in silence, loving Him and wondering ‘what is next’?


1 comment:

  1. He has the perfect man for you in His perfect timing. So you know he's awesome! The waiting is the hard part:)

    ReplyDelete