Images

Images
Wading the storms of Life...together in word.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pile of books....my book.


I look at the pile of books stacked on my dresser, then to the left to those stacked on the floor.  There are so many of them, sitting there as though they were easy to create.  Each one filled with numerous pages of valid information, stories of expression and hope or guidance for the road I hope to take.  How do you get to this place?  How do you get to the place were you have a finished piece of work like these beautiful items setting before me?

It has been my goal for several years now to write and share my story.  I have been told over and over by so many that they would like to hear it.  They want to read it.  There is a curiosity there that even I want to know.  What is my life?  What has it been?  What is it going to be?  I think of the young speaker and writer that have influenced many.  He is a deep encouragement to me now.  His name is Nick Vujicic.  His story is not like mine but then again it is.  A lot of us who write have the same over all story.  This is my life. This is what happened to me.  This is what I overcame and what I hope for you to take away from my experience.  I know it sounds very lame to state it all like that.  But these sentences are what make me think, What makes my story any different?  What makes my words any more valuable than those that are not printed?

There is a doubt in me that overcomes me like a cloud of despair.  I know it is typical for all writers to have these difficult thoughts. “You don’t really have a book.”  “You just think you are better than you really are, more important.”  “When you really start this, you will realize what a fraud you are.  That is what this is all about.  This is just to prove that you are wrong and you are not all that you think you are meant to be.”

There is such a part of me that wants to stop now and say, “I am not who I thought I was. I am no one special. I don’t have anything major to offer. I’m sorry that I thought I did.”  If I don’t put myself out there, if I don’t risk, I don’t have anything to loose…..WRONG!!!  I have everything to loose.  I am going to prove myself wrong. I am going to work through my self doubt.  I am going to write my story and if no one other than my close friends and family read it than at least it was done and I did not chicken away from the idea of failure.   Lord Jesus, please help me.

Laura ~

5 comments:

  1. Picture by Judy Glen. http://walkbyfaithquestionsconcerningdeath.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I want to encourage you today by quoting a scripture. "We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7 We don't know what lies ahead for us. The Lord has us here for a specific reason, and the fact that we are still here proves He is not finished with us! A lady on the radio stated, "Take that first step even if we don't see the whole staircase." If it is something the Lord want you to do, Satan would want you to stop. Press on:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! You made me smile and made me want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post could have sooooo been written by me! Let's make a deal...I'll buy your book if you'll buy mine! ...when we actually finish writing them =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :0) That sounds like a great idea Celeste!

    ReplyDelete