Images

Images
Wading the storms of Life...together in word.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Little Man and Me


The Little Man and Me

            I woke this morning to a beautiful little man in my bed. He made me smile.  I woke up saying “hello” and “good morning”.  “Did you sleep well?”  Don’t go getting the wrong ideas.  My little man is my 5 year old nephew.  He has spent the night with me several times in the past.  He usually comes on Saturday nights so that he can go to church with me the next morning.  I have so come to cherish that time with him.

            When he is here, clothes are thrown in the floor, shoes are laid wherever and food crumbs definitely find their way to the floor.  My order and peace is briefly interrupted by his sweet little presence.  I say this because for such a long time it was nice to spend time with my nephews and then give them back. I could enjoy their time with me for just long enough and then go right back to the lovely presence of my solitude.  The last few months though my thoughts have been changing.  I have desired more and more to give that time away.  Not because I don’t cherish it or want it, but because there is something more valuable on the other side. 
 Waking up this morning like any other morning, my first thought was to pray and to write.  I can’t wait to get to my blank page.  I always feared that loosing my “alone time” would prevent activities like that.  Since I depend so heavily on them that has scared me.  But, my little man sits completely entertained watching a cute little movie and even in the midst of not being alone, I find myself being able to do the very things that I always would have.  Only now I have him here to share it all with.   

No comments:

Post a Comment